Beery & Spurlock ("the Firm") was formed in 1972 with the straight-forward goal of providing excellent legal service at a reasonable cost to motor carriers, bus carriers and all transportation-related businesses. We believe we have consistently met that goal over the years as evidenced by the recognition the Firm and its attorneys have received:
- Beery & Spurlock has consistently received the AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell (Highest Possible Rating in the Legal Field for Professionalism and Ethics- Based upon Peer Review Ratings); (Martindale Hubbell advises that only approximately the top 5% of law firms are recipients of this rating).
- Beery & Spurlock has been consistently ranked as a Tier 1 -Area for the field of Transportation Law by the U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms.
- Michael Spurlock -Named "Lawyer of the Year" for 2013 and 2016, Central Ohio, Transportation Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (Selected by Peer Recognition and Rating). Top Lawyers in Central Ohio, Transportation, by Business First (Selected by Peers) since 2009.
- Eric Beery - Named "Lawyer of the Year" for 2014 Central Ohio, Transportation Law, by The Best Lawyers in America (Selected by Peer Recognition and Rating). Top Lawyers in Central Ohio, Transportation, by Business First (Selected by Peers) since 2009.
- Michael Spurlock and Eric Beery - Included in The Best Lawyers in America publication since 2009.
All of Beery & Spurlock's attorneys are experienced and committed to providing its clients with exceptional legal services on virtually all issues encountered by management and owners of transportation companies, logistics companies and transportation-related entities , including, but not limited to:
1. Drafting and negotiating transportation contracts (e.g. carrier-shipper agreements, carrier-property broker agreements, and carrier- independent contractor agreements);
2. Consulting on regulatory and tax matters, including FMCSA/DOT, OSHA, NLRB, PUCO, Workers Compensation, and State of Ohio Department of Taxation issues; and representing clients before those agencies, including defending and upgrading FMCSA motor carrier safety ratings, defending workers compensation claims, defending tax assessments, defending labor and employment matters and defending complaints filed with OSHA and other agencies by drivers seeking reinstatement, back pay, and other monetary compensation , including punitive damages and attorney fees, for retaliatory/wrongful termination.
3. Consulting on corporate law and business matters and establishing new business entities.
4. Litigating freight claims, freight charge disputes, general business and other disputes in State and Federal Courts.